Incremental Encoders are devices for measuring speed and position in drive technology
All Baumer Hübner devices are covered by a two-year warranty subject to the conditions of the Association of the German Electrical Engineering Industry (ZVEI).
Baumer Hübner HeavyDuty incremental encoders are characterized by the following excellent features:
- Robust construction with solid light alloy housing for high vibration and shock proof protection.
- Bearings at both ends of the shaft, where construction permits.
- Short-circuit proof power transistors with peak currents up to 300 mA for line driving over long cables with HTL-signals or optional TTL-signals to RS-422.
- High Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), tested to IEC 801-4.
- Protection against shaft currents due to insulated ball bearings, in some devices.
- Incremental encoders without bearings for drives with large axial play or high speeds.
- Through-hole hollow shaft, also available in Sinus-Technology and in explosion proof execution "II 2 G EEx de IIC T6".
- Wide range of program with standard EURO-Flange B10.
- Rear shaft option for mounting of other devices.
- Combinations with common shaft:
- Incremental encoder + Incremental encoder (Twin Tacho)
- Incremental encoder + Analog-Tacho
- Incremental encoder + Speed Switch
Multiturn absolute encoders are used in electrical drive engineering to record the number of completed turns as well as the position within the last turn.
The new generation of Baumer Hübner Absolute Encoders are characterized by the following excellent features:
- No wearing parts: no gearbox or battery (exceptions: AMG 10 / AMG 81), ball-bearing life approx. 109 turns
- High continuous speeds are allowed, even in start-stop operation
- Versions with solid shaft or (larger) through-bore hollow shaft
- Rugged construction with high shock-loading capability
- Insensitive to electromagnetic interference
- Resolution: single-turn 13-bit, multiturn 16-bit; SSI option: 12, 16, 20 or 24-bit
- Various interfaces: SSI, Profibus-DP, CANopen etc
- Can be operated in hazardous areas with Ex approval
- Additional incremental signals with HTL/TTL level as an option
- Redundant versions as an option