HEIDENHAIN offers solutions for all applications in which the highest possible accuracy, reliable reproducibility and repeatability, safe process management, high machine dynamics, simple operation and of course maximum efficiency are required.
Sealed linear encoders are protected from dust, chips and splash fluids and are ideal for operation on machine tools.
Exposed linear encoders operate with no mechanical contact between the scanning head and the scale or scale tape. Typical areas of application for these encoders include measuring machines, comparators and other precision devices in linear metrology, as well as production and measuring equipment, for example in the semiconductor industry.
With incremental linear encoders,the current position is determined by starting at a datum and counting measuring steps, or by subdividing and counting signal periods. Incremental encoders from HEIDENHAIN feature reference marks, which must be scanned after switch-on to reestablish the datum. This process is especially simple and fast with distance-coded reference marks.
Absolute linear encoders require no previous traverse to provide the current position value. The encoder transmits the absolute value through the EnDat interface or another serial interface.
Sealed linear encoders
Sealed linear encoders from HEIDENHAIN are protected from dust, chips and splash fluids and are ideal for operation on machine tools.
- Accuracy grades as fine as ± 2 μm
- Measuring steps as fine as 0.001 μm
- Measuring lengths up to 30 m (to 72 m upon request)
- Fast and simple installation
- Large mounting tolerances
- High acceleration loading
- Protection against contamination
Exposed linear encoders are designed for use on machines and installations that require high accuracy of the measured value.
Typical applications include:
- Measuring and production equipment in the semiconductor industry
- PCB assembly machines
- Ultra-precision machines
- High-accuracy machine tools
- Measuring machines and comparators, measuring microscopes, and other precision measuring devices
- Direct drives